2006/04/22

Good Head and Bad Rockers

This is how I rocker should not look like. Uneven wear bad, camshaft bad. It was at this point I felt confident that the rebuluild was the right way to go. It took quite a gut-check to start ripping her up.

I am not quite clear, or at least I don't recall what all the top end of the motor does. Other than the crank shaft turns the timing chain which turns the cam shaft which turns the oil pump and causes the rockers to rock up and down. Why exaclty the rockers go up and down is still a mystery to me. What I do know is the need to be smooth as a mirror.














Here is the whole assembly with the valve cover off. In the foreground is the timing chain with the sprocket that turns the oil pump just infont of it. The cam shaft runs right down the middle.

No comments: